The Journey of twenty-two hundred miles begins with just a single step. Lao Tzu (paraphrased) This blog is mainly about my excursion upon the Appalachian Trail. This is a journey that has been 15 years in the planning stage and on March 20, 2022 it will see that plan being executed. Please feel free to leave comments and follow me on the social media of your choosing.

Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Hot Spring North Carolina



 I've made it to Hot Spring yesterday.  That was 34 miles in 4 days.  That journey is going to be treated in another post.  

I'm really having problems trying to update this blog.  Trying to use the blog itself on the phone is not a stable situation.  I use Google Docs but then Blogger doesn't seem to want to accept anything I paste to it, especially if there are pictures involve.  In future post you may see a 

(photo)

This will be where I put a photo in when I can get into a library and "pretty" up these post.

A lot of times my post may look more like an outline.  Here again, it due to the difficulty of trying to use a mobile device to update Blogger.  There are apps for Blogger but I'm not impressed that they make the blogging experience any easier.

But I made it 275 miles in 73 days, not the fastest but not the slowest either.  Soon I'll cross the French Broad River and be consider to be more into Tennessee, although the trail will still follow the state lines.  That'll be something I'll have to put up with until I cross into Virginia.


(I've learned how to selectively upload photos to Google Photos so it's on now.)

No comments: