The Journey of twenty-two hundred miles begins with just a single step. Lao Tzu (paraphrased) This blog is mainly about my excursion upon the Appalachian Trail. This is a journey that has been 15 years in the planning stage and on March 20, 2022 it will see that plan being executed. Please feel free to leave comments and follow me on the social media of your choosing.

Friday, November 01, 2019

Bandera Tx

Bandera Tx 
     I had a morning adventure. My Auntie washed my clothes this morning and I forgot all about the fob to the car which was still in my pants pocket. After the washing Auntie handed me the fob from the washer.              

    Uh oh! I raced outside with the fob and tried the locks; that Nissan just looked at me and said, “Just who do you think you are?” So I came back inside and looked up on the internet about what to do if the fob got wet. I was told to not panic; I wasn’t totally screwed yet. I took the fob apart and with a paper towel I started to blot dry it. Auntie suggested we put it in a bag of rice in a still warm oven. We did. After a while, more like an eternity, I retrieved the pieces of fob and reassembled them. 
     Then the moment of truth: I went back to the car and touched the door button. The alarm went off. I hit the panic button on the fob and the car shut up. I got inside and the car started. Life is good. {At lease I didn’t have to call the rental company, and explain what a dumba$$ I can be at times}

No comments: